Aventiv’s Original Hip-Hop Track Contest
If your loved one would like to participate in Aventiv Original Hip-Hop Track Campaign, please read and follow the below information and guidelines carefully. All of the details have been sent to your loved one via email.
The campaign is an opportunity for incarcerated individuals who are interested in music to submit original hip-hop lyrics to one of three hip-hop beats that have been provided for the campaign from Record Producer, Zaytoven. The winning hip-hop lyrics will be produced into a song in partnership with Grammy Award winning artist, Lecrae, and will be available for free to all correctional facilities that have access to the Media Store from JPay and Securus Technologies!
All submissions will be assessed and judged by music students enrolled at The Morris Brown College Department of Music College in Atlanta, GA. The students will select the top 25 submissions and will provide those to Lecrae who will select the winner of the campaign. Lecrae and his production team will visit the correctional facility of the winner to produce the song onsite. The song will later be released through the Media Store from JPay and Securus Technologies – the song will be FREE for incarcerated individuals.If required, there will be a price for the song when distributed over streaming services (such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon and more) your loved ones and the general public can download and listen to the track. NO revenue will be made from this track. Any revenue made through streaming services will be donated to a 501c3 charity providing rehabilitative support for the corrections community in the winning state.
Participating locations and DOCs for this contest include California (California Institute for Women; California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility at Corcoran; Central California Women’s Facility; High Desert State Prison and Kern Valley State Prison), Idaho, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, North Dakota and the Dakota Women’s Correctional Rehab Center, and Washington.
Your loved one can access the “Hip Hop Beats” album under the artist is Zaytoven, which includes three beats to choose from through the media store – they can only submit one beat with their lyrics. The album price is $0.02 plus applicable taxes. All purchases of this Hip Hop Beats album by Zaytoven will be fully refunded after the submission deadline.
- Submissions are accepted August 16, 2021 – September 15, 2021; two ways to submit:
- You can e-message your submission to your loved one and they can submit via email at: HipHopContest@Aventiv.com
- You can mail your submission to this PO BOX address:
- Attn: Aventiv
- 50 Sunset Ave NW
- PO Box 92403
- Atlanta, GA 30314
- Make sure your entry includes:
- Your name and ID number
- Name of your correctional facility and state
- Title of how you want the song named that you are submitting
- Which hip-hop beat you selected (one of three to choose from)
- The original lyrics to the song
- Make sure your entry includes:
- Submissions will be reviewed by students enrolled at The Morris Brown College Department of Music September 16 – September 30, 2021.
- Lecrae will review the top 25 submissions selected by the students and the winner will be announced October 19, 2021. JPay will contact the winner directly.
- Late October or early November, Lecrae and the audio and production teams will visit the winner’s facility to produce the song with the winner. The winner can decide if he/she wants to have Lecrae featured on the song.
- The winning song will be announced and distributed to all JPay and Securus facilities who have access to music, tentatively scheduled for late November, 2021.
By submitting your song lyrics, you automatically agree to these Official Rules. We look forward to receiving your creative work and wish you the best of luck in the competition!
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest Entry Period begins on August 16, 2021 and ends on September 15, 2021. Your entry must be received by Aventiv during the Contest Entry Period.
- HOW TO ENTER. Mail your original lyrics and selected Beat (three are provided in the Media Store) information to:
- Attn: Aventiv
- Sunset Ave NW
- PO Box 92403
- Atlanta, GA 30314
- OR e-message your original lyrics and selected Beat to a loved one or representative, who can submit the entry for you by emailing the information to HipHopContest@Aventiv.com
- You can only enter the Contest one If you enter the Contest more than one time, You will be disqualified from the Contest.
- You must include your name, facility name and Inmate ID number with your entry.
- You must include the name of your song and which of the 3 beats you have selected.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR ORIGINAL SONG LYRICS.
Your song lyrics must be your original work. Your song lyrics must be in English.
Your song lyrics can be about any topic – BUT:
- Song lyrics cannot promote or refer to violence, weapons, alcohol, drugs, or illegal activity.
- Song lyrics cannot contain swear words.
- Song lyrics cannot be offensive or hateful to any group of people, including ethnic, racial, gender, or religious groups.
- Song should be less than 4 minutes long.
- Song Entry must include a Song Title and original lyrics
- Song Entry must include your name, Inmate ID Number, Facility name and State
- Song Entry must state which hip hop beat is selected
- Entrants will be provided with three beats from Lecrae’s team through the media store. Beats will be available for you to listen to/download on the kiosks and tablets. Entrants must choose one beat and list it with the song lyrics submitted.
Songs or entries that violate these Rules will be disqualified.
- LICENSE AND RIGHT TO USE ORIGINAL WORK.
By entering this Contest, you are declaring that the song lyrics are your own original work, and that you did not copy the lyrics from any person or other work.
If your lyrics are selected as the winning entry, you agree to assign ownership and all rights in the lyrics to Reach Records, which may record, edit, play and use your song lyrics for distribution to the incarcerated population that has access to the music platform provided by JPay and Securus Technologies. Reach Records will also distribute the winning song on streaming platforms for friends, family and the general public to access the track. All proceeds made from the track will be donated to a 501c3 charity selected by Reach Records benefitting the corrections community in the winning state. For example, Reach Records will be allowed to do the following:
- Record and arrange music using your lyrics,
- No one, including the Incarcerated Individual, can make money off any song submitted to the contest. If any revenue is received from any song, it will be donated to a 501c3 charity benefitting the corrections community.
You will not be paid for any of the uses.
- JUDGING AND WINNER DETERMINATION.
From September 16 – September 30, 2021, all eligible submissions received during the Contest Entry Period will be judged as described below. Entries will be judged on the basis of:
- Creativity and Originality – 50%
- Potential Entertainment Quality – 50%
Students enrolled in The Morris Brown College Department of Music College in Atlanta, GA will read and review every submission. All eligible submissions that comply with these Rules will be considered. The Morris Brown College student judges will select 25 submissions as finalists. Those 25 submissions will be provided to Lecrae, who will select one winner. The winner will be announced on or about October 19, 2021.
One (1) winner will be selected. The Prize is to have the Winning Song Produced and Recorded by Lecrea and his Team. The winner will need to be available to participate in the recording session at their correctional facility. This will be a one-day event. The winner can decide whether Lecrae will be recorded on the music track or not.
There is NO PRIZE MONEY. You will not win any money if you are selected as the winner. The produced song will be distributed to all correctional facilities JPay and Securus Technologies serves with music offerings. Reach Records will also distribute the winning song on streaming platforms for friends, family and the general public to access the track. All proceeds made from the track will be donated to a 501c3 charity selected by Reach Records benefitting the corrections community in the winning state. You will not earn any money from the produced song. You agree that you can be identified as the creator of the song lyrics.
If you engage in behavior that is obnoxious, abusive, or illegal during any recording session, you will be disqualified and may be subject to additional disciplinary action.
Aventiv Technologies reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at its sole discretion. Aventiv Technologies also reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest if the Contest cannot be run as planned due to fraud, misconduct, technical failures, pandemics, or any other reason.
Aventiv Technologies is not responsible for illegible, lost, misdirected, late, damaged, non-received, or incomplete entries or for any problems related to the mailing or emailing the song lyrics or entries. Any song lyrics or entries that do not comply with the Official Rules will be rejected and not able to participate in the Contest.
Sponsor is Aventiv Technologies, LLC.